As promised here, today I will walk you through the creation of a powerful brand analysis dashboard with Power BI Desktop which connects to Facebook page insights data.
Before we start, you can see the result here.
Recently, the Power BI team have published a tutorial that analyzes pages on Facebook. While the official tutorial showed you the basics, it didn’t drill down into Facebook page insights, which hold additional crucial data for marketers. To gain more from your Power BI and better analyze your brand, we will tap into Facebook pages’ insight information, and create a dashboard that compares between different brands. Even those you don’t manage 🙂
The dashboard that we will prepare can be accessed here (I wish I could embed it here, but this blog is hosted on wordpress.com, and embedding of Power BI iframe elements is not supported). To download the actual Power BI Desktop file click here.
Here are the main elements we will focus on this tutorial:
- Load dynamic country codes (You will see why we need it later)
- Import Facebook Insights from Power BI page
- Transform the query into a function that can load any brand from Facebook
- Combine insights from multiple brands. In our case: Power BI, Tableau & Qlik
- Analyze fans by county and brand
So let’s get started 🙂
Continue reading “Facebook page insights with Power BI”